Friday, August 19, 2011

Spencer's Final Fanfic

There’s more of them?

My fan fiction is based on the movie Ninja Assassin. It follows Raizo and the events that occur after the movie finishes.

As I climb these walls, the burden of the Ozunu clan dissipates into the ashes of the burned village I used to call home. As I reach the top of these walls, a feeling of content courses through my veins. Kiriko. My eyes can finally see the true beauty behind these walls.

The beauty of freedom.

As I look into the distance behind these walls that once confined me, memories of the past swarm my thoughts.

Ozunu. Family. Brotherhood. Pride. Honour.

Words that used to have meaning. Words that used to have substance. On top of these walls, I have taken my first breath of freedom to relinquish all grip that you had over me...

Ozunu...

I was orphaned as a child. You took me in with open arms. You raised me. You taught me life lessons. You were a father to me and in return I was a son to you. Even through the blistering training, the torture, the cuts and bruises, the pain was more bearable than the thought of failing you.

Family... Brotherhood...

We were your children. We were seeds of destruction, slowly blooming into weapons of assassination. You nurtured us in a way no normal child would have ever been raised. A family I had called my own. Brothers and sisters I had grown up with and endured pain with. You brainwashed us, you took our youth and fed us with your venomous lies. Something I could never forgive you for.

Pride... Honour...

Everything you taught me. Everything I believed in. You took that away from me. You took Kiriko away from me. What pride was there taking the life of one you call your own daughter? Was there any honour in your actions? Did you gain satisfaction? Taking your life, ending your corruption, this made me understand what true honour is.

With your blood on my blade... I have rid the world of your torment. I have destroyed Ozunu.

“Well, well, if it isn’t Raizo?” An eerie voice fills the silent air. A mysterious man shrouded in a Shinobi Shozoku suddenly appears at the foot of the walls.

“Who are...?”

The man abruptly interrupts, “How’s the view up there oh great Ozunu slayer?” His sarcasm was as sharp as his glare. He inhales deeply, “Ah! The fresh smell of freedom, don’t you just love it?”

I look at him blankly.

“Why so gloomy? You should be overjoyed! Put a smile on your face! You’re a hero!” The mysterious man starts to climb the wall. My face still dumbfounded, who is this person? How does he know my name? Is he an Ozunu?

“Who are you?” I question him.

“Me?” He smiles then answers, “Daisuke!” He says proudly. “Daisuke of the Akira Clan!”

I look at him with a puzzled stare. “Akira Clan?”

He slyly smirks, “Oh? Wow, your great father Ozunu didn’t tell you?” He bursts out in laughter. “You really were his prized treasure weren’t you? Raizo is so precious that his so called father didn’t even tell him that there were 8 other clans!” His laugh was menacing. “This is priceless. And you thought it was over too!”

“Absurd!” I state firmly.

“Absurd?” He folds his arms and shakes his head in disagreement. “You really do know nothing do you? Poor Raizo. I’m guessing you’re going to try kill us all?” He starts to snicker, “Good luck with that!”

Daisuke. Could what he be saying be the truth? 8 other ninja clans? It couldn’t be. Ozunu was the only one. Was it not? Had Ozunu not told me this in fear of my betrayal?

“So Raizo, thinking of your battle plan already? Hmmm?”

“Why are you here? Why are you telling me this?” He must have an ulterior motive. Why now after I have slain Ozunu?

“You want to know why?” He breaks into a sinister smile. “First of all, Ozunu is Lord Akira’s sworn enemy, so you practically saved us the trouble of killing the Ozunu clan ourselves!” He lifts his arm and points his finger at me. “Secondly, Lord Akira admires your talents; however, he knows you will never be swayed into joining us...”

“Does this mean you…” I question him.

He heckles like a hyena and cuts me off. “Hey! I haven’t finished yet!” He clears his throat and continues. “Ahem… thirdly!” His smile turns quickly into a cheeky grin. “Well I’m sure you can guess what thirdly would be. Let's just say Lord Akira doesn’t want any loose threads of the Ozunu hanging around.”

He shifts his right hand to his waist exposing his shurikens. “So… I’m sure you know what that means!” He throws a shuriken at me and I swiftly dodge it.

“Nice dodge!” He quickly unsheathes his katana and lunges towards me with three consecutive slashes. “Well, well, you do move fast don’t you?” He unleashes another slash.

I manoeuvre around his slashes maintaining balance on the wall. I let loose a kick and he looses grip of his katana. “Crap!” Daisuke quickly scurries towards the katana but I grab it before he can reach it.

“I don’t know who you are. I don’t know who Akira is. And I don’t know who these 8 clans are. But I will surely, kill you all… starting with you.” I impale his own katana into his chest. “Goodbye Daisuke.” I push his lifeless body into the deep forest below the walls of the Ozunu village.

Daisuke. Akira. Ninja Clans. My journey has just begun.

“Raizo?” I turn around and standing beneath the walls was Mika. “What are you doing up there?”

“Mika...” I look at her worried knowing I will have to protect her from the 8 ninja clans.

“What’s wrong?” Her troubled face questioned.

“It is not safe here. Ozunu is dead but there are still ninjas lurking in the shadows. I promise I will protect you. Your safety is now my priority.” I jump down from the walls and take her hand. "Let's go."

I could not protect Kiriko from death but I will surely protect Mika at any costs. Her life is now my life. I will rid the world of these fiends and their torment.

I will kill them all. I swear.

1 comment:

  1. wow!

    this was pretty awesome spencer! I have seen the movie and i really enjoyed the twist that you out in at the end. I like how it seems realistic enough that i could actually potentially be a great spin-off :) GREAT WORK. couldn't spot anything to improve on but well done.

    ReplyDelete