Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jamie Fanfic FINAL

This is a fan-fiction based on the film Phone booth. Stu is the main character in the movie and he calls himself a celebrity publicist. But he is not capable of anything except lying to all his clients. He loves his wife Kelly, but has an affair with Pam. Kelly checks Stu’s phone bill so Stu will always go to the same public phone booth to call Pam. The story happens when Stu receives an anonymous call after he called Pam. The caller knows everything about Stu’s, about Pam and Kelly. He threatens to kill Stu if he hung up the phone. The caller killed a man who was trying to get Stu out of the phone booth because he wants to use it. Witnesses accuse Stu for the shooting. Police, paramedics and media had arrived on the scene. Kelly and Pam arrived too. Captain Ramey had spoken to Kelly and had some ideas that Stu is on a phone with an unknown man.


Voice: Kelly or Pam, your call.

Stu: No!

Voice: I guess I will take Kelly then.

(Stu looks towards Kelly. Red dot on Kelly’s forehead.)
Stu: NO!!!! Please don’t take Kelly!

Voice: OK then, PAM!

Stu: NO!! Don’t take Pam!!

(Gun cocks.)
Voice: (Angry.) You think I’m playing some kind of game with you? You think I’m not going to take their lives? You have one last chance to choose only ONE!!

(Stu squats down, starts sobbing)
Stu: Please don’t do this; it’s not their fault. Please, please, please.

Voice: (relaxes.) So now you are taking responsibilities? You admit that this is your fault? 

Stu: (stops crying) Admit what? What is my fault? I haven’t done anything wrong!

Voice: You put yourself in this position; you are in this because of your lies.

Stu: (Stands up.) No. I am in the damn booth only because you had a gun and you killed a man that the police are accounting me for it.

Voice: Looks like you are still not ready to take responsibilities. All right, last call. Pam or Kelly? Kelly or Pam?

Stu: It’s not them you want. It’s me. You want me. Tell me what you want.

Voice: Oh. So now you are acting clever. I want only the truth. Confess to Kelly and that will save her life.

(Red dot shifts away from Kelly’s forehead)
Stu: What about Pam? You let her go too?

Voice: So you still care about Pam? That’s not a good thing to think of when you try to make a confession to Kelly. And don’t try to negotiate with me. CONFESS TO KELLY AND I WILL TELL YOU ABOUT PAM!

Stu: What if you lie?

Voice: Tell me you’ve got another choice.

(Stu looks to Kelly, then to Pam.  Pam is worried. Kelly’s head down, fingers crossed.)
Stu: (whispers) I love you Kelly.

(Stu puts down the receiver, opens the booth door, and moves a step out.)
Stu: (shouts) KELLY!

(Kelly looks up. Ramey walks towards Stu.)
Ramey: (softly to his transceiver.) Hold it team. I want to know what he’s going to say.

Stu: (Still shouting) (Starts to cry) I LOVE YOU KELLY!  But there are some things I need to tell you. Actually there is this man; he wants me to tell you something. I’ve been dishonest with you. I have cheated…

AHHHHHH!!
(A loud scream from the crowd, a man lying on the ground. Blood everywhere.)

Bystander:(desperate, shouting, crying) OH MY GOD!!! Someone got shot!!!!!!!
(Two police and four paramedics moved to the man, still breathing, they carried him onto the ambulance, sirens went off.)
(Kelly is shocked. Stu walks back in to the booth.)
Ramey: (to sergeant) It can’t be him. I mean we were looking at him; he did not make that shot.
(To transceiver.)
Team, we’ve got a sniper situation here.
(To sergeant.)

I want you to lead the rest of team to search every block in the shooting radius. Do it quickly and quietly. I don’t want the sniper to notice it.

(Sergeant walks off)


Stu: What the fuck you think you are doing? Who the fuck you think you are? You are such a FUCKING LOSER!

Voice: Be careful Stu, you hurt my feelings. And what did I say about being honest? You are not being honest to Kelly. And that is just a warning.

Stu: I DON’T CARE! Listen up you pathetic loser. I may have done something wrong but you are way worse. You think you can go around and kill people just for any fucking reasons you want? Fuck it, you bastard. I am not scared of you anymore. You wanna kill me? Go ahead and aim it right HERE!! (Stu points his finger to his temple.)

(Stu hangs up the phone and walks out the booth.)

Stu: KELLY! I LOVE YOU!! There are so many things I need to tell you but I am not gonna to tell you right now. Just remember my love stays even if I am dead. I love you so much Kelly, but I am not worthy of you. (Bursts in tears.) I live on my lies. I am capable of nothing. I wear these expensive shoes, watch and suits because beneath them, I felt I am nothing. I’m too scared to show anyone the real me. I put on disguises and I lie to everyone on everything. It became so much of a habit I don’t notice it. But believe me Kelly when I say I love you. I love you.

(Kelly starts to cry) (Shouts to Stu)
Kelly: Shut up Stu, you are not going to die. I love you.

 (Stu turns to face Pam, still sobbing.)
Stu: Kelly, this is Pam. I am sorry Pam. Kelly is my wife and I love her. I am so sorry.

(Pam walks off, tears on her face but she forces a smile on her face.)

(Stu walks 2 steps. Receives a shot on the shoulder. Lies down on the ground.)
Kelly: STU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Kelly runs to him.)(Paramedics run to him.)(Police run to him.)(The paramedics try to lift Stu onto the gurney.)
Ramey: Kelly, come back!!  It’s too dangerous!!

(To transceiver)
Team, Stu was shot. Find the sniper, find him NOW!!!



(Kelly drops to her knees and embraces Stu, crying.)
(Medics push Stu into the ambulance.)
(Stu closes his eyes)
(The ambulance drives off.)
(In the hospital, Stu’s shoulder bandaged, Kelly sits next to the bed.)
(Ramey knocks and walks in)
 

Ramey: Stu, I am sorry. But he killed himself with a knife before we can get a name out of him. But we’ve got a photo for you. (Ramey shows a photo of a middle-aged white male.) Do you know this man?
(Stu shocks his head. Sighs and closes his eyes.)
(Kelly stands up.)

 

Kelly: Thank you Captain. He just needs some rests.
(Ramey walks out the door.)
 
Stu: Kelly, you know what, I’m glad and thankful for getting shot actually. I might lose you otherwise. I might not realize how much you weigh in my life…

1 comment:

  1. I think you need a title for your fan fiction. Quite lengthy compared to the required 800-1000 words but I think you should be okay. I see you have expanded on your ideas and the read is very enjoyable! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete